Today we want to talk about something that most find scary and intimidating, but is essential for growth and true success. Especially in the world of business owners and entrepreneurs.
This is something that we all have in common. At some point, your business will go through some type of change whether you want it to or not. But, we have good news for you. If you take on change with the right mindset and indomitable attitude, you will flourish in ways that you might not have thought were possible.
You see, there are two types of change.
- The change that happens so gradually you barely notice it
- The change that happens faster than you ever thought possible
We want YOU to fully embrace the latter kind of change to create lasting freedom and success in your life and business.
We recently have gone through some changes here at Buck Realty, and it definitely didn’t seem to be the type of change that happened so gradually that we didn’t even notice. Over the course of 2 months, we brought in new agents, switched to an entirely new software & technology program, took on new rental properties to manage, implemented new marketing strategies, and restructured the day to day operations of our company. When we were making our goals for this year, all of these changes seemed like // a lot to take on //, but we pulled up our bootstraps and got the ball rolling, and that resulted in the most growth and success that our business has ever experienced.
Here are some ways that we found to be helpful when navigating this type of process:
- Encourage participation and take feedback.
- Its important for the people who will also be part of this change to engage and know that they are an important part of the success of your business. It also never hurts to get another persons perspective on a situation.
- MAKE A PLAN AND STICK TO IT.
- This is important. Whether you plan for change, or it sneaks up on you, you need to have a plan and set goals for where you want to be at the end of this. Without a plan and goals, it can be easy to get sidetracked and lose focus. This will make things significantly harder on you, which is not… and I repeat NOT… what we are shooting for.
- Remind yourself and others of the goals and that this is possible!
- Sometimes things will get tough, and everyone will need a cheerleader! Be that cheerleader for the people around you and have someone who can be your cheerleader as well! Remind them and yourself that its possible, and you will come out better. Always be positive, but remember, its okay to acknowledge how you’re really feeling about the situation.
- Do some research and really dive in!
- Don’t hold back. We have all seen those quotes telling us how we need to get out of our comfort zone to make growth and success happen. Well it’s true! Make sure that no matter how scary it seems, you go all in. Trust us, you won’t regret it.
5. Last but not least, don’t be afraid to fail.
- You might feel at times like you are doing it all wrong. That’s okay! We learn from our mistakes. Just pick yourself back up and keep on rolling. How many times did Edison have to fail before he finally got the light bulb right?? We’ll give you a hint… a ton, but he kept on going and look where we are now!
To sum this all up, yes, change can be scary, but not if you go about it the right way and frame your thoughts to see it as a really great opportunity.
PUSH THROUGH IT, STAY POSITIVE, FOLLOW THESE TIPS, AND WE PROMISE, YOU’LL COME OUT BETTER AND MORE SUCCESSFUL!